We just received a proof of the newest issue of On Spec. Between now and the anticipated publication date sometime in July, a lot must happen.
- our proofreaders and a couple of editors go over the issue with that fine-toothed comb you hear about, checking for errors, typos and omissions. We are not perfect, so there’s always something that has been overlooked, and additional eyes can catch the missing bits.
- The proof and the comments are returned to Jerry, our intrepid designer, and he makes the necessary corrections, additions and deletions.
- We go over the proof once more, and this process is repeated until we are satisfied with the version we have.
- Once it gets approved, the digital files for the issue are all sent to our printer, and the order is submitted.
- The printer sends their proof for our approval.
- And after we approve it, the issue will go to press.
- During this time, we make sure that the mailing list of current subscribers is fully up to date, and this list gets sent to our mailing service.
- Once the printer delivers the copies to the mailing service, the subscriber lists are sorted and labels printed in accordance with Canada Post regulations (that gets us the cheaper magazine mailing rate) and the copies are labeled, shrink-wrapped, and ultimately delivered to Canada Post.
So a lot goes on before you get your copy of On Spec, but we do it to make sure you have the best product possible!